Walking beyond Our Lady of Loreto Chapel (also known as "Church of the Five Bell Towers") in Perti and climbing the right side of the Montesordo valley we reach the ancient Castrum Pertice (283 metres above sea-level). It was mentioned for the first time in the 1162 decree by which Federico Barbarossa invested Enrico il Guercio with the Marquisate of Savona. It represented one of the courts or feudal “jurisdictions” into which the territory of Finale was divided.
It was probably built before the Longobard invasions of the 6th and 7th centuries. During the Middle Ages it was part of the territorial organization into local centers for production and sales of goods until it was quickly abandoned during the 13th century due to the development of the Borgo.
Just above Castrum Perticae there is St. Antonino's Chapel.