The village of Finalpia, which today appears almost one with Finalmarina (west) and Calvisio (north), was a separate municipality until 1927, when, along with Finale Marina and Finalborgo, merged in Comune of Finale Ligure (current municipality).
The town is situated on the banks of Sciusa river and along the Via Aurelia. The oldest part of Finalpia rises around the Sanctuary of Santa Maria Pia and the adjacent Benedictine Monastery, still today important for religious and cultural activities. Like other locations in the Finalese, Finalpia was also part of the Marquis of Finale and followed its fortunes.
Today Finalpia is a seaside tourist destination, home to numerous recreational facilities and it is the starting and destination point of excursions and outdoor activities to the neighboring Calvisio and Manie.